Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spoiled

My husband Kris calls me spoiled.

I don't wear designer clothes, or carry Coach purses, or drive the newest, fanciest car. But I do have 4 fantastic children, a fixer-upper home that we are putting our blood, sweat and tears into, land around us to raise our animals on, a garden that will feed our family, and Praise the Lord, our health.

These things make me feel rich in many ways.

When my husband takes an afternoon, (or days) to do something for me, like till the garden, fix up the chicken coop, etc. I feel spoiled. So even though he's not showering me with store bought things, I feel giddy when he does something around our home. Or the time, we lost our first chick, I text him while he was at work and told him the sad news. When he walked in the house after work with a box of 3 more chirping chicks inside, I melted. To me, that is love.

I am blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Yup, you definitely have a sweetie there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great to know others feel spoiled with the "simple" things in life! But then again, maybe they are not the simple things, but the life/love giving things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! He's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete