Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Renewed Excitement!


My green peppers and basil! Basil didn't grow for me last year and I've never planted green peppers before. I can't decide if I want to keep the basil in the house, in the window. Or put it out in the garden. Hmm?



I thought this picture was funny. She was really checking me out.




It's not a very good picture of Sally our newest calf. But Big Mama is VERY protective of her little one. And if she spots me at all, she takes off. Because behind me is Chloe, and she doesn't want Chloe ANY WHERE near her baby. Big Mama is a great mom. Not only does she watch out for her little one, she's taken Mable under her protection. It's neat to see the 2 little ones "hopping" through the field together.


I have all sorts of plants coming to life.
I have flowers on my strawberries (the ones I planted last year, not my recent transplants), potatoes are starting to push through some leaves! :) I transplanted 3 cukes today ( I hope they do well, they were looking a little rough). Our sweet peas are growing......my chives are starting to show some green. My parsley is doing well, my cilantro is really filling out. I have spinach and lettuce growing!
*CAN YOU FEEL MY EXCITEMENT*
It makes me sooooo happy! I can't WAIT to get my garden going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The carrots, zucchini, acorn squash, corn, peas, green beans................I could go on and on! It's going to be great.

This winter has been a long one, and I'm OH SO READY to get my garden planted. Today the weather was beautiful, and they are predicting 2 more days of sunshine. I'm hoping it dries out enough to get the garden area prepped, and ready to plant!

Okay I will calm down now. I better go tuck the children into bed, and close up the chicken coop for the night.

4 comments:

  1. Great Pictures! I am so ready for the gardening season too! I have a ton of little corn seedlings that need to be transplanted, and much more, but the corn in my major concern right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And make sure that cat isn't in the coop right?! The plants look great. I can feel the excitement. I can't wait for things to dry out here so I can dig and play, I mean plant my garden! Still too early for us, and wet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have some really great things going on. Isn't spring a wonderful time of year? Love the chicken pic, LOL. They are curious, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete